- This is the final episode of South Park to be produced in "Standard Definition" (SD 480i). Every episode after this has been produced in High-Definition (HD 1080i).
- The vehicle that Mike Makowski was kidnapped in resembles a 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala.
- Kenny did not die in this season. Although he came close to dying in "Super Fun Time"
- 片中出现的售卖吸血鬼服饰的Hot Topic是美国一家专门出售音乐与朋克/摇滚文化有关的服饰饰品零售店。
- While not an outright parody, the FAQ at South Park Studios has confirmed this episode is a spoof of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and its portrayal of vampires. The series itself is mentioned in passing by the "sparkly" female vampire.
- At the beginning of this episode, the kids are seen in the computer lab playing Call of Duty: World at War.
- The burning of Hot Topic is a reference to the burning of the vampire cave in the movie The Lost Boys.
- Mike Makowski's name is an allusion to the Monsters Inc character, Mike Wazowski.
- The scene when Butters enters through Eric's window to "feed" could be a possible reference to the Stephen King book and the 1979 miniseries Salem's Lot.
- One of the female vampires is called Bloodrayne, her name is based in the videogame of the same name BloodRayne
- The scene where the boy is asking where his ball is bears a resemblance to the scene where Craig was asking for the football in the episode "The List".
- The Goth Kids are mistaken for Vampires in this episode. They are also mistake for "Emo Kids" twice: once before in "Breast Cancer Show Ever", and then again in "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers". This is in reference to how "outsiders" often find it difficult to distinguish between these groups.
- Henrietta's lips look different in this episode. They were bigger and had a different shape.
- The kids are playing Call of Duty: World at War on the school's computers, but the gameplay footage is from the Xbox 360 version of the game.
- Towards the end of the episode, where Butters comes home from the mall, Stephen Stotch asks his son, "Would you mind telling me why there's Rice-A-Roni in my coffee?!" He illustrates his point by pulling a spoonful of pasta from his coffee mug, but while holding the spoon in his left hand, another reappears in the mug. When he replaces the spoon, there is still only one in the coffee mug.
- Butters runs into the computer lab from the right, but when the camera zooms in, it shows him coming from the left.
- When Henrietta is shown in the office with the other Goth Kids, she is shown wearing lipstick. When she finishes talking her lipstick is gone. After she and the Goth Kids leave the office she is shown wearing lipstick again.