- According to this episode, Cartman's favorite Psalm is, "It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation. This sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation." Which is a childish rhyme about sex.
- Chris is voiced by Dian Bachar, long time friend of Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
- This is the last episode to feature the original intro with Les Claypool singing as the boys are driven to school.
- Conan O'Brien, who was killed in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, is seen in Hell during the luau song. Other celebrities include Adolf Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy Jr., Princess Diana Spencer, Michael Landon, Mao Tse-Tung, Gene Siskel, Allen Ginsberg, Jerry Garcia, Tiny Tim, Walter Matthau, Bob Hope, George Burns, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.
- Hukilau is netcasting, which is a community event in Hawaii. Fishermen cast huge nets into the sea and reel them in full of fish.
- Cartman quotes Mark 9:43 in his street corner speech, only it's "never shall," not "will never." The full verse is: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched.
- Saddam Hussein returns after being killed by Satan in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. Satan even mentions that he killed him.
- When Chris is performing sexual acts to Satan in bed, he says "You like that, don't you, bitch?". Saddam said the same exact thing to Satan as they had sex in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.
- The psalm changes when Cartman says it the second time.
- When the group stops moving after Kenny is run over by the tour bus, Stan and Butters are standing behind Clyde, Token, and Cartman. But when the viewpoint changes to a closer view, Stan and Butters are standing at the front.
- Kenny McCormick seemingly dies when a bus heading to Mexico runs him over (referencing horror film Final Destination), while the children were on their way to the Church to confess their sins. This serves to frighten the children even more. Kenny is revealed, however, to still be alive in the follow-up episode "Probably".
Two visitors are seen in this episode: