- Despite still having kids other than Kenny, the McCormick's are not in the crowd.
- This is the last episode to feature Tweek Tweak as Kenny's replacement.
- Whistlin' Willy's is referred to as "Crust E. Krotch's" in this episode.
- When the parents follow the children to school, Timmy’s parents are nowhere to be seen.
References to Pop Culture编辑
- The Ghost of Human Kindness is a combined parody of the "Ghost of Christmas Present" from A Christmas Carol and "The Child Catcher" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- When the Ghost of Human Kindness gets arrested he says “I would have gotten away with it again, if it weren't for those meddling policemen," semi-quoting the commonly said line from Scooby-Doo.
- When Tuong Lu Kim pulls out his heat seeker, he says, “Say herro to my ritter friend!” (“Say hello to my little friend!”). This is a reference to Scarface.
- The sound effects used when the Mongolians are attacking the city wall are the same sounds used when swordsmen attack buildings and walls in Age of Empires II. The type of attacking on the walls is the same as in Age of Empires II and other RTS games: buildings can be destroyed by blade instead of siege weapons.
- The Mayor commanding Lu Kim to "tear down this wall" is a reference to Ronald Reagan's challenge to Mikhail Gorbachev.
- Some of the "Mongolian" dialogue in the show is actual Mongolian. In the scene by the campfire, Stan says "I am eight years old", one of the Mongolians responds with "Really? You can understand me?" and Tweek asks "What time is it?". In the final scene, Randy says "Bi khuutei" (Би хүүтэй), meaning "I have a son."
- Crust E. Krotch's is a reference to Chuck E. Cheese's.
- The Mongolians using a giant horse to fool Tuong Lu Kim is a reference to the Trojan horse used by the Greeks during the war of Troy to infiltrate the Trojans base.
- The crowd noise "Rabble, rabble, rabble!" was first used in "Red Hot Catholic Love".
- Mr. Mackey is teaching the class, a position he first held in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society".
- After the boys win their baseball game and they gather around the TV in Crust E. Krotch's, Tom the News Anchor incorrectly refers to the other anchor as "Tom" and vice versa. A few sentences later, Chris then refers to Tom by his correct name.
- When Mrs. Tweak first appears, her hair is a lighter brown than usual.